MOVE WEEK | February 11-18th, 2018
Nothing changes until you MOVE! Have you ever been stuck in traffic and taken the random exit to try and avoid the chaos ahead? At that moment you have one desire: To MOVE! You don’t know where you are going or how to get there, you simply want to make progress forward!
The beginning of each year is a time when people make commitments to MOVE:
- MOVE and lose weight!
- MOVE and spend less!
- MOVE and search for a new career!
Maybe you have made a commitment to MOVE in one of those areas, but have you committed to making a MOVE spiritually?
- MOVE to spend time in God’s Word each day!
- MOVE to share your story of encountering God’s grace!
- MOVE to worship, pray and celebrate with a gathering of believers.
Whether or not you have made a promise to MOVE in one of these or other spiritual disciplines, we are planning a MOVE Week at Rich Fork, February 11-18, 2018.
- February 11th, Sunday AM – Gather with us in one of our worship services to kick-off the week. 8:45 am, 10:00 am, 11:15 am.
- February 11th, Sunday, 6:00-8:00 pm – Sharing Jesus without Freaking Out, Alvin L. Reid. Sharing your faith can be a daunting moment. But what if you could learn that sharing Jesus is less about a polished presentation and more about having a real conversation? Do you need to MOVE and share your story more? Then come prepared to learn how to have conversations that matter. Want a short preview? Click here: http://www.bhacademic.com/sharingJesus/#video
- February 12th, Monday, 6:30-8:30 pm – How to Have a Daily Quiet Time, Adam North. How many times have you heard pastors emphasize reading your Bible and having a quality quiet time, yet never give practical guidelines to do so? Our gathering on Monday will be aimed to MOVE you in the area of daily walking with Jesus.
- February 13th, Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 pm – 57 Ways to Save Money, Bob James. One area where almost every person can MOVE is how they handle the resources given to them by God. How to budget? How to spend? How to save? How to be generous? During this time Bob will lead us through practical steps to MOVE in this important area of our lives.
- February 14th, Wednesday, 6:30-8:00 pm – Lord’s Supper & AWANA. Valentine’s Day? Yes, we know this is Valentine’s Day and we can’t imagine anything better than celebrating the greatest love ever shown for us through this time of commitment and celebration. While our students and adults celebrate together our children and preschool ministry will continue our weekly AWANA ministry schedule.
- February 15th, Thursday, 6:30-8:30 pm – Men’s Night of Worship and Prayer. This night will give the men in our church an opportunity to pray with each other, for each other, for our community and for the grace of God to extend to our community. During the prayer gathering we will take time to worship and celebrate all God has done and is doing in our lives, community, and church.
- February 16th, Friday, 6:30-8:30 pm – Women’s Night of Worship and Prayer. Ladies from our church and community are welcome to attend this time of celebration and prayer. Thursday and Friday give us an opportunity to MOVE individually and as an entire church.
- February 17th, Saturday – Sabbath & Fasting. Two of the most misunderstood spiritual practices will guide us on Saturday. While we will not be joining together on this date we will give instructions on how to spend part or all of your day in surrender to God and in preparation for worship on Sunday.
- February 18th, Sunday AM (8:45 am, 10:00 am, 11:15 am) – MOVE Celebration Day. This morning will serve as a culmination of our week of making sacrifices and decisions to take a step and make a MOVE spiritually.
- February 18th, Sunday PM, 6:00 pm – MOVE Worship Gathering. We have invited the Voices of Lee, an acapella group from Lee University to lead us in worship for this evening. If you have not heard of them, we will make sure to introduce them to you prior to this evening. (And if you want to hear them now, click here: http://www.voicesoflee.com/video/2017/10/19/voices-of-lee-what-a-beautiful-name)
As we draw closer to these dates, you will want to be on the lookout for more details and information. A couple of important ways to prepare for MOVE week.
Pray! Take time to pray for our leaders for each evening and morning. Pray that God breaks our hearts and leads us to repentance!
Plan! Each evening is planned to meet specific needs in order for you to make a MOVE in one or many areas of your faith. We do not expect you to be in attendance each night. We also are not offering childcare during the events with the exception of Sunday AM and Wednesday PM, which will be on a regular schedule. We want to give as many in our community and church the opportunity to attend one of these MOVE moments.
Make it Personal! Who do you know that has said one or more of the following, “I don’t feel comfortable sharing my faith or talking about Jesus. I just can’t spend time reading the Bible! I can’t balance my checkbook and hate dealing with money!” Whoever that person(s) may be, then put MOVE week on their schedule now!
Invite someone you know to one or several of our MOVE moments and make a commitment now to MOVE with us, February 11-18th, 2018.
*Childcare is not available for these MOVE opportunities. We will have normal Wednesday night AWANA ministry on February 14, 2018.